Kieto's Daily Recipe and Funnies

Kieto's Daily Recipe and Funnies has been around for 9 years. Many of our family of subscribers have been with me that long. This is going to be a new experience posting my ezine in a blog from here on out. I hope it goes good.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Tribute

Hi ya! Mother's Day is coming up Sunday. After church, I am going to
spend it with my Mom. That is if she is home. When my brother is off
work, she likes to get out so we'll see.

If you are having your family over, it may be a good time to share my
Mother and Daughter song/video with them. Here are the YouTube links.


1st Mother and Daughter Video


2nd Mother and Daughter Video

Also, here is my Mom's video I did some time ago.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Recipe

My Mom makes a great Tuna Salad and come to think about it, I've never
ran a recipe for it. It's Spring! So let me spring it on ya! Let's do
it!

Fresh Tuna Salad

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 fresh tuna steaks (about 8 ounces each)
1/2 cup finely diced celery
1/2 cup finely diced unpeeled Granny Smith apple
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons finely slivered fresh basil leaves
4 good inner radicchio leaves, for serving cups
Toasted bread

Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sear
the tuna on the first side for 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Turn
with a spatula and sear for 3 minutes longer or until cooked to your
preference. Let the tuna rest for 5 minutes.

Flake the tuna into 1x1/2-inch pieces and remove to a large bowl. Toss
gently with the celery, apple, and scallions. Season with salt.

Fold mayonnaise and basil into the tuna. Serve in radicchio cups with
toasted bread.

Buon appetito!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our Friends

Regarding Monday's Recipe, Pasta Primavera!

since i always tell you when you send bow wow recipes, I thought it only
fair I say YEAH BABY!!! now yer talkin'! Judy

I am going to fix this tonight. I know Mike will love it. Nancy in Va

I am so glad you liked the recipe. It's a great recipe any time of year.
Kieto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home