Kieto's Daily Recipe and Funnies

Kieto's Daily Recipe and Funnies has been around for 9 years. Many of our family of subscribers have been with me that long. This is going to be a new experience posting my ezine in a blog from here on out. I hope it goes good.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burger

Hi ya! Folks, would ya do me a favor? If you are a Member of the Kitchen Club, ask your friends to join. If you're not a member, please consider joining. There's so much over there, it boggles the mind. lol. Just go to my site, kieto.com and click the Join Button from Pay Pal. I'll send you or your friends the Username and Password so you can start enjoying all it has to offer. I go over at least 3 times a week for the games, videos and stories. I especially enjoy rereading the World and USA trip me and Ziggy took. Thanks in advance.

http://www.kieto.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Recipe

I saw this on Oprah the other day and it kind of goes with this weeks burger theme. No... I don't watch the show on a regular basis although Mom calls me everyday when she comes on and tells me to watch it. Yes... TELLS me to watch it.

Oprah writes..."Oprah found a new favorite food when she tried this turkey burger at Mar-a-Lago, Donald Trump's private club in Palm Beach. "I believe [it] may be the best turkey burger in the entire world," she says. The Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burger will be permanently available at the Trump Bar and Grille in Trump Tower in New York City, open to the public for lunch and dinner. It will also be served during lunch in Chicago at Sixteen, the Trump International Hotel restaurant."

Let's do it. ps. Thanks Oprah!!!

Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burger

1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
1/8 cup canola oil
4 pounds ground turkey breast
2 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. black pepper
2 tsp. chipotle Tabasco™
1 lemon, juice and grated zest
1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup Major Grey's Chutney, pureed

Sauté the scallions, celery and apples in the canola oil until tender. Let cool.

Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add sautéed items and the remaining ingredients. Shape into eight 8-ounce burgers. Refrigerate for 2 hours.

Season the turkey burgers with salt and pepper. Place on a preheated, lightly oiled grill. Grill each side for 7 minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked. Let sit for 5 minutes.

Serve with a side of Mar-a-Lago Pear Chutney and your favorite toasted bread, pita or hamburger roll.

Mar-a-Lago Pear Chutney

1 Anjou pear, peeled and diced
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. sea salt
1 1/2 cups Major Grey's Chutney
1/4 cup dried currants or raisins

Preheat oven to 350°.

Toss the diced pears with the cinnamon and salt. Bake on a parchment-lined cookie sheet for 10 minutes.

Cool and mix with the chutney and currants or raisins.

Buon appetito!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rescu-Pup's Corner
Laugh and Learn with Rescu-Pup


Hi, friends! Do you remember when Ziggy Cat and your ol' pal R. Pup were in the park when a big fuzzy gray animal with a HUGE long nose came out of the bushes? We were kind of scared until the new animal asked us, "GOT ANTS??"

You guessed it, Mighty Minds...It's an ANTEATER! He said, "Yes, I'm an anteater...I come from South America, and my name is Tom An-doo-ah (Tamandua)."

Tom told us that he was coming north because his natural home was being messed up--all dug up, trees wrecked, water no good--this is called habitat destruction (hab-i-tat dis-truck-shun). (Tell your teacher you heard about this--you will be the SUPER KID in your class!) Tom told us he was travelling by train--with help from Boxcar Pete, such a nice guy!

Ziggy Cat--always first with the best--sprinkled crumbs from our cake on the picnic blanket...PRESTO!!! HERE COME THE ANTS!!!...Marching single file like a little army...and HERE COMES TOM THE ANTEATER!!!...Snuffing up all the ants with his long nose...Haven't seen such great action since the time I accidentally pushed the button on the vacuum cleaner!! THE PICNIC MESSER-UPPERS ARE HISTORY (that means all gone)!! But Tom had to be going...His pal Boxcar Pete gave him a pass to ride the "Bug World Bus"...Kind of like a trip to heaven for an anteater. See you next Monday!

I'm proud to be your friend, Rescu-Pup

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

American Idol

I think last night American Idol started off really silly. They're singers. Not fighters. It's just my opinion, but I was embarressed for them guys. I wonder who's idea was it to start off the show like that. What did you think? Sorry. To me, that made it more of a silly circus. Don't forget to check out the picks and comments on the Idol page.

http://www.kieto.com/idol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our Friends

Hi Kieto, Just read your Seymore von Tickle and I thought it was good. But your squirrel one got me laughing out loud. I had something like this happen to me. Was on my way to a class and came to a stop sign and my neighbors black cat had been asleep in the back seat and jumped up on the back of my neck. Talk about jumping! Didn't have time to go back so called my husband to go tell the neighbors I had their cat. Of course he said what are you doing with her ??? Duh! Glad you worked out the prob. for the wedding. My best to you Mom and Ziggy! Susie

That squirrel was just as freaked as I was Susie. But I had cats jump on me in the car before. Ain't fun! Kieto

Regarding the Cranberry Burgers with Balsamic Sauce Recipe

Well now.....this recipe is verrrrrrly interesting. hmmm. make us some squirrel. was it a little bitty 'red' squirrel? jb

Nah. It was a rat with a furry tail. I haven't seen any around my house for awhile. hmmm. Dropping him off at the park may have been a good thing after all. Maybe they're there looking for him. There's plenty to do there anyway. HA!

This recipe sounds great! I think I'll try it w/ground turkey....Turkey and Cranberries! Perfect.... Hope you're on the mend!! Sarah

A couple of things... I couldn't figure out the moral so that's why I didn't respond. I was still working on it! LOL I think maybe my brain takes time off every once in a while. I'll try these cranberry burgers. funny that you should use cranberries in a recipe today. I made a cranberry-apple pie yesterday. Guess our prayers were answered re. your voice. God found a way! Love to your mom from me. Skipper

I wanted to see how many would get it. It was simple. "Look both ways before you cross the street!" DUH> So simple. But I remember when I was a kid, I was told to cross at the corner all the time. Maybe that was the inspiration for the story. Thanks. Kieto

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See ya Friday with some great jokes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home